This website offers basic pet advice, hints and tips for the benefit of both pet and owner. The home page offers posts with pet advice on many different topics, for a wide range of pet animals. Ali’s Answers is for those who want to learn a little more about their pets and take an interest in animals (like myself). The categories are listed at the bottom of the page into posts and question responses; individual pet species and general animals, to help you navigate through the posts and find the relevant post/ topic for you. Questions can be asked on the contact page, and they will be answered within a post – so if you ask a question remember to check back for the response! If you have any thoughts or comments about a post, you can post it in the “thoughts” box underneath each post! Ali’s Animal Answers is the name of the Facebook page, and posts on Twitter come via @AlisAnswers, so you can follow posts via your social media site. Questions can be asked via social media sites, however a response is guaranteed if the question comes via this website.
I am called upon regularly for pet advice and practical help, whether face-to-face or online via social media. I have never tried blogging or running my own website before, but being passionate about animals and their welfare, I thought it was a good topic for a blog, and a great way to offer advice to people about their pets! I hope that this website can be a way of me being useful with my animal knowledge to others. Started in 2014, I aim to help answers questions and queries, and provide information to fellow animal-lovers out there! It also helps me in keeping up-to-date with current animal issues, and to refresh my mind with regard to animal training, health, welfare, and other animal-related topics I studied at college and university. I hope that all my readers enjoy my posts, as much as I enjoy writing them!
My (nick-)name is Ali (hence “Ali’s Answers”). Ever since I was a kid I have loved animals – most of my toys and teddies growing up were animals! I studied at Myerscough College in Preston, England for 5 years – instead of doing A-Levels I did a BTEC National Diploma in Animal Management, and then went on to do a Bachelor of Science with Honours Degree in Animal Behaviour and Welfare; both courses were great as animals are one of my biggest passions in life. My dissertation was done on Comet Goldfish nutrition, in my final year at university. I have had various jobs in the animal industry, and wish I could have much more pets of my own – however working with a variety of species is a nice “fix”!
20 Random Facts About Me!
- I was born in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- I moved to Southport, England, when I was 3 years old and lived there (with the exception of 5 years living at college/uni) until 2017.
- My childhood pets were 3 rabbits and 2 guinea pigs. My first rabbit being typically named, Thumper!
- We got our little Bedlington, Barney when I was 13. He sadly passed away September 2019 at the age of 15.
- I love horse riding! I want a horse… and lots of sheep… and a cow…
Horse riding is one of my great joys in life, and I would love one of my own someday.
- For my dissertation, I studied feeding affects on Comet Goldfish. I took some of my dissertation fish home, and the last one left died at the age of 7 years old!
- I am 5ft 2″ – have been since I was 16.
- Also at the age of 16 I got baptised – literally when I was 16… the day after my 16th birthday!
- 10 years prior to my adult baptism I first became a born-again Christian aged 6.
- I actually own a Lego The Big Bang Theory set! #Geek
- My Mum and Dad are Gideons – remember that little red bible you were given in high school?!
- I am obsessed with Disney (in particular the animal based stories, surprisingly).
- My favourite author is Darren Shan (a.k.a. Darren Dash). Haven’t read his stuff? Check it out! Especially if you love fantasy!
- I did my first college work experience at a vets, age 16/17.
- I once delivered 3 different sets of triplet lambs in one evening!
- I still have a small collection of stuffed animals!
- I recently developed a liking for mango and passion-fruit flavoured and Mojito flavoured Green Teas.
- This is my first ever attempt at a blog/ website – started up in 2014!
- I drew my own logo – the dog. My dad put it onto the computer and turned it into what you see at the top of the website – he is computer genius!
- I got married October 2019 – now to start saving for that smallholding 😉